April 24 (Reuters) - Akari Therapeutics Plc:
* Akari Therapeutics demonstrates positive response with coversin in ongoing phase 2 PNH trial and in additional clinical targets
* Akari Therapeutics Plc - new preclinical data demonstrates positive response of coversin's combined c5 and ltb4 therapy in skin and eye models
* Akari Therapeutics Plc - phase 3 PNH program expected to commence in 4q2017
* Akari Therapeutics Plc - phase 2 programs in mucous membrane pemphigoid (eye) and bullous pemphigoid (skin) expected to commence in 1q2018
* Akari Therapeutics Plc- expects to initiate its phase 2 trial in AHUS in 2Q2017, and anticipates phase 2 ahus data 2Q2018.
* Akari Therapeutics Plc - anticipates initial phase 3 data for PNH in 1q2019 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: