April 24 (Reuters) - Amgen Inc:
* Amgen announces expanded commercial collaboration with Novartis for erenumab in migraine
* Says co, Novartis agreed to combine capabilities to co-commercialize erenumab in U.S.; Amgen retains exclusive commercialization rights in Japan
* Says Novartis gains exclusive rights to commercialize erenumab in Canada, retains existing commercialization rights in rest of the world
* Says co will receive milestone payments from Novartis expected to begin in 2017; Novartis will share u.s. Commercialization costs with Amgen
* Says co will book sales of erenumab in the U.S., and will pay a royalty to Novartis on net sales in the u.s.
* Says Novartis to book sales in rest of the world (excluding Japan), to pay co royalties on net sales in those countries; co to book sales in Japan
* Says Novartis will assume agreed upon remaining global development costs up to a cap and share global development costs thereafter Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: