BRIEF-Takata files for bankruptcy protection in Japan - Kyodo
* Takata files for bankruptcy protection in Japan - Kyodo Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
April 25 Ashford Hospitality Trust Inc
* Ashford Hospitality Trust responds to Felcor Lodging Trust's acceptance of an alternative merger proposal
* Says believes its offer would have been more attractive to shareholders than RLJ offer as it included 50 pct cash
* Ashford Hospitality says is disappointed that Felcor board of directors decided not to meaningfully engage on recently revised offer Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
WILMINGTON, Del., June 25 Takata Americas, the U.S. unit of Japan's Takata Corp, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the United States on Sunday, facing billions of dollars in liabilities stemming from its defective air bag inflators.
* Takata board held meeting this morning in Tokyo - Japan media