BRIEF-Takata files for bankruptcy protection in Japan - Kyodo
* Takata files for bankruptcy protection in Japan - Kyodo Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
May 4 Avis Budget Group Inc
* Avis Budget Group says during march quarter, as part of restructuring process, co formally communicated termination of employment to about 335 employees
* Avis Budget Group says as of March 31, 2017, company had terminated approximately 240 of these employees
* Avis Budget Group says expects further restructuring expense of about $40 million related to restructuring initiative to be incurred in 2017 Source text for Eikon: [ID:bit.ly/2pCKvSB] Further company coverage:
WILMINGTON, Del., June 25 Takata Americas, the U.S. unit of Japan's Takata Corp, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the United States on Sunday, facing billions of dollars in liabilities stemming from its defective air bag inflators.
* Takata board held meeting this morning in Tokyo - Japan media