Feb 17 (Reuters) - Campbell Soup Co
* Campbell reports second-quarter results
* Q2 adjusted earnings per share $0.91
* Q2 earnings per share $0.33
* Q2 earnings per share view $0.88 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Q2 sales $2.171 billion versus i/b/e/s view $2.22 billion
* Campbell Soup Co - reaffirms fiscal 2017 guidance
* Campbell Soup Co - campbell increases cost savings program target from $300 million by fiscal 2018 to $450 million by fiscal 2020
* Campbell Soup Co - "i am not satisfied with our sales performance this quarter"
* Fy2017 earnings per share view $3.08, revenue view $8.00 billion -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Campbell Soup Co - "we continued to over-deliver on our cost savings initiative, and now expect to achieve our target a year ahead of schedule"
* Campbell Soup Co - unallocated corporate expenses for quarter were $241 million compared to $29 million in prior year
* Campbell Soup Co - sales in quarter for americas simple meals and beverages were comparable to prior year at $1.231 billion
* Campbell Soup Co - "we no longer expect c-fresh to grow this fiscal year"
* Campbell Soup Co qtrly sales of u.s. Soup increased 1 percent
* Campbell Soup Co - current-year quarter included pre-tax non-cash impairment charges of $212 million related to campbell fresh segment
* Campbell Soup-new c-fresh management team conducted review of business, has determined recovery will take longer to execute than originally planned Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: