March 29 (Reuters) - Cargill Inc:
* Cargill Inc - adjusted operating earnings were $715 million in the third quarter, up 50 percent from $476 million in the year-ago period
* Cargill Inc - net earnings for the quarter on a u.s. Gaap basis were $650 million, up 42 percent from last year's $459 million
* Says third-quarter revenues rose 8 percent to $27.3 billion
* Cargill Inc qtrly origination & processing earnings slightly lagged last year's third quarter
* Cargill - qtrly earnings in animal nutrition & protein rose "significantly", lifted by "strong' performance in animal protein against a weak comparative period
* Cargill Inc - "food ingredients & applications segment was largest contributor to adjusted operating earnings in Q3"
* Cargill - Q3 performance of origination & processing segment in south America trailed prior year due to lower farmer selling, slowed processing in Argentina Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: