May 15 (Reuters) - Cartesian Inc
* Cartesian reports first quarter 2017 financial results
* Q1 GAAP loss per share $0.17
* Q1 adjusted non-GAAP loss per share $0.09
* Revenues in q1 of 2017 decreased by 30 pct to $14.3 million from $20.3 million in same year-ago period
* "Our Q1 revenues were impacted by delayed project starts within several existing and new clients"
* On a non-GAAP constant currency basis, revenues in Q1 of 2017 were $15.8 million, a decrease of 22 pct
* "We expect revenues to improve going forward but our results demonstrate need to accelerate evolution of our business" Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: