June 1 (Reuters) - Dollar General
* Average unit retail price deflation, due to lower commodity cost and promotional activity, along with reduction of snap benefits, continue to weigh on same-store sales performance
* Expect the acquisition of 322 stores to be modestly accretive to net sales and earnings in fiscal 2017
* CFO- " sales environment for retail continues to be choppy"
* CFO- believe our customer will require sustained improvement and economic outlook before she is willing to increase spending on discretionary nonconsumable items
* CFO- "I just believe that (the customer) is in an economic cycle right now where there's a little bit of uncertainty and a little bit of a holdback on these discretionary items"
* CEO- "need to see a little bit more confidence in what the consumer is seeing today from job growth and wage growth, will it be sustainable"
* As we move through Q1, deflationary pressures from a cost input standpoint, we did see some moderation Further company coverage: