UPDATE 1-AIG CEO may reduce buybacks, focus on acquisitions
June 28 American International Group Inc CEO Brian Duperreault said on Wednesday the company would likely slow the pace of share buybacks and instead spend on acquisitions.
May 11 Durect Corp
* Durect Corp - co and Sandoz AG, a division of Novartis, have signed a development and commercialization agreement for U.S. for posimir
* Durect Corp - under terms of agreement, Sandoz will make an upfront payment to Durect of $20 million
* Durect Corp - co remain's responsible for conducting persist Phase 3 trial, comparing posimir to bupivacaine HC1 after laparoscopic gall bladder removal
* Durect Corp - company anticipates completing dosing patients in Q3/17 for persist Phase 3 trial and expects to have top-line data shortly thereafter
* Durect - deal also includes potential for up to additional $43 million in development, regulatory milestones, up to additional $230 million in sales based milestones Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
June 28 Shaw Communications Inc on Wednesday reported strong quarterly subscriber gains at its revamped cable business and notched wireless profit growth even as it spent heavily to build up both businesses.
WASHINGTON, June 28 U.S. securities regulators on Wednesday filed civil accounting fraud charges against Canada-based oil and gas company Penn West Petroleum Ltd and several of its former top finance executives.