March 22 (Reuters) - Galapagos NV:
* Initiates Phase 1 study with novel CF potentiator GLPG3067
* Triggers a $7.5 million milestone payment from AbbVie
* Third potentiator in growing portfolio of cystic fibrosis drug candidates
* Aim of the phase 1 study is to evaluate the safety, tolerability and pharmacokinetics of oral single and multiple ascending doses of GLPG0367
* Safety and tolerability of the combination of GLPG3067 and GLPG2222 will also be evaluated.
* "we plan to initiate multiple studies within our cf portfolio in the course of this year, as we get closer to our goal of initiating a patient evaluation of a triple combination therapy by mid-2017." - CSO Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)