April 21 (Reuters) - Honeywell International Inc
* Says orders for its PMT unit, which caters to the energy industry, have been "very strong"
* Says saw an uplift in spares demand and strength in repair and overhaul activities with its airline customers
* Says expect continued aftermarket strength heading into the second quarter with airlines business growing faster than business and general aviation
* Says, for business jets, expects lower shipments and fewer engine maintenance events than 2016; says do not anticipate recovery in business jet market until 2018-2019
* Says improving oil and gas markets and strong backlog will drive continued growth, primarily in licensing and equipment sales
* Says saw a "big uptick" in the petrochemicals sector, particularly in China
* Honeywell CEO says pipeline for M&A deals is active; but things are "expensive out there, so we're being cautious" Further company coverage: