May 18 James Hardie Industries Plc:
* FY net profit attributable to shareholders $ 276.5 million versus $244.4 million
* FY net sales from ordinary activities $ 1.92 billion versus $1.73 billion
* Expect modest market growth and more prolonged recovery of us housing market to continue into fiscal year 2018
* A FY2017 second half ordinary dividend of US28.0 cents per security is payable to cufs holders on 4 august 2017
* "Company expects new construction starts between approximately 1.2 and 1.3 million"
* "Growth in New Zealand business is expected into fiscal year 2018"
* Expects North America fiber cement segment EBIT margin to be in stated target range of 20% to 25% for fiscal year 2018 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
UPDATE 5-Brazil defends beef after 'system-wide problem' prompts U.S. ban
CHICAGO/BRASILIA, June 23 Brazil scrambled to shore up its beef industry's reputation on Friday after the United States blocked shipments of fresh cuts, saying it found abscesses in the meat and signs of systemic failure of inspections in the world's largest beef exporter.
BRIEF-CalPERS says IAC abandons plan to issue non-voting stock in response to CalPERS Lawsuit
June 23 California Public Employees' Retirement System: