U.S. says hopes China will approve more GMO corn for import
BEIJING, June 28 The United States hopes that more varieties of its genetically modified corn will be approved for import by Beijing, the U.S. ambassador to China said on Wednesday.
April 28 Kbr Inc
* KBR announces first quarter 2017 financial results
* Reaffirms FY 2017 adjusted earnings per share view $1.10 to $1.40
* Q1 revenue rose 11 percent to $1.1 billion
* Q1 earnings per share $0.26
* KBR Inc says estimate for operating cash flows will range from $100 - $200 million for 2017
* Q1 earnings per share view $0.29, revenue view $1.12 billion -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* KBR Inc - Pemex settlement completed and cash collected in April; to be recorded in Q2 2017
* Says Q1 revenue up driven by recent acquisitions in government services segment and organic growth from contracts with U.S. Military
* FY2017 earnings per share view $1.27 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* KBR Inc - KBR backlog decreased from $10.9 billion as of December 31, 2016 to $10.6 billion as of March 31, 2017 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
June 28 Toshiba Corp chip business chief Yasuo Naruke:
TOKYO, June 28 Japanese stocks wobbled on Wednesday morning as tech shares were dragged down by falls in their U.S. counterparts overnight, while financials rallied on the back of rising U.S. yields.