BRIEF-Laureate Education qtrly revenue increased 2 pct to $1,176 mln up 8 pct on organic constant currency basis
March 28 Laureate Education Inc:
* Laureate Education Inc - qtrly revenue increased 2% to $1,176 million; up 8% on an organic constant currency basis
* Laureate Education Inc - diluted earnings per share were $0.27 per share for q4 of 2016
* Sees total enrollments of 1,064,000 to 1,080,000 in 2017 representing 2.0-3.5% growth as compared to December 31, 2016
* Laureate Education Inc sees FY revenues of $4,287 million to $4,348 million
* Laureate Education Inc sees FY adjusted EBITDA of $789 million to $804 million
* Laureate education inc sees FY capex spending at 7% to 8% of revenues
* Laureate Education- currency translation based on current rates, expected to cause a 1% reduction y-o-y in 2017 for adjusted EBITDA
* Laureate Education -reported EPS in 2017 to be affected by $290-$300 million charge to EPS related to accounting for non-cash beneficial redemption Source text (bit.ly/2o87HIQ) Further company coverage:
GLOBAL MARKETS-Asia stocks edge up on optimism over global growth, dollar soft
TOKYO, June 26 Asian shares edged up on Monday on optimism about global growth, while the dollar was on the defensive as a subdued U.S. inflation outlook capped U.S. bond yields and raised questions about the Federal Reserve's plans to tighten policy.
Nikkei edges up as dollar-yen steady; Takata files for bankruptcy protection
TOKYO, June 26 Japan's Nikkei share average ticked up on Monday morning as the dollar-yen held steady, while investors' attention fell squarely on Takata Corp after it filed for bankruptcy protection.