April 10 (Reuters) - Marcato Capital Management LP:
* Marcato sends letter to Rent-A-Center board of directors
* Marcato Capital Management LP - urges Rent-A-Center Inc's board to immediately explore sale of entire company
* Marcato Capital-plans to vote for engaged capital's director nominees at upcoming Rent-A-Center annual meeting
* Marcato Capital - discussions with Rent-A-Center CEO Speese have "made clear to us that he does not intend or desire to be ceo for long term"
* Marcato Capital Management LP - beneficially owns 4.9 percent of outstanding common shares of Rent-A-Center
* Marcato Capital -urge Rent-A-Center board to "immediately commence a process to review all strategic alternatives including a sale of entire company" Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: