BRIEF-Metlife chairman says from 2016 through 2019, company plans to invest $1 bln in efficiency enhancements - shareholder letter
April 27 Metlife Inc:
* Metlife chairman in shareholder letter says in U.S. and abroad, will continue to allow "older, more capital intensive" liabilities to run off in 2017
* Metlife chairman says from 2016 through 2019, we plan to invest $1 billion in efficiency enhancements - shareholder letter
* Metlife Inc - “for 2017, we are on track to return close to $4.5 billion of capital to our shareholders”
* Metlife chairman says "U.S. federal regulatory outlook is now more positive than it has been in nearly a decade" - shareholder letter
* Metlife chairman says "prospect for pro-growth tax reform has also brightened" - shareholder letter
* Metlife chairman says optimistic that reducing U.S. corporate income tax rate will make U.S. companies "more competitive globally"
* Metlife Chairman says intend to maintain common stock annual dividend at $1.60/share after separation of Brighthouse Financial, and grow it over time
* Metlife chairman says "the time is long past due for the federal reserve to fully normalize U.S. monetary policy" Source text: (bit.ly/2oPsxcX) Further company coverage:
REFILE-India's Infosys says reassessing long-term goals due to tougher market
Bengaluru, June 24 Infosys Ltd, India's second-biggest software services exporter, is re-evaluating its long-term targets because tougher market conditions have made them appear "daunting", the company's chairman said on Saturday.
WORLD NEWS SCHEDULE AT 1400 GMT/10 AM ET
Iraqi forces free hundreds of civilians in Mosul Old City battles as death toll mounts