May 2 Nanometrics Inc
* Nanometrics reports first quarter 2017 financial results
* Q1 earnings per share $0.21
* Sees q2 2017 revenue $64 million to $68 million
* Q1 adjusted non-gaap earnings per share $0.19
* Q1 earnings per share view $0.24 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Qtrly gaap revenues $59.3 million versus $47.5 million
* Q1 revenue view $59.6 million -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Sees q2 earnings in range of $0.28 to $0.34 per diluted share on both a gaap and non-gaap basis
* Q2 earnings per share view $0.34, revenue view $65.4 million -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
U.S. Marine Corps to resume F-35 operations a day after suspension at Arizona base
June 23 The U.S. Marine Corps said on Friday it resumed flight operations for Lockheed Martin Corp's F-35B fighter jets after temporarily suspended operations a day ago because of software problems.
Gunman in California UPS shooting targeted co-workers for slayings
June 23 The UPS employee who shot three coworkers to death last week inside a United Parcel Service facility in San Francisco before killing himself appears to have singled out his victims deliberately, but a motive remains unknown, police said on Friday.