UPDATE 1-GM settles hundreds of ignition switch lawsuits
NEW YORK, June 23 General Motors Co has agreed to settle federal lawsuits by as many as 203 plaintiffs over defective ignition switches in its vehicles, a Friday court filing shows.
May 4 Occidental Petroleum Corp:
* Qtrly net income of $117 million or $0.15 per share
* Total average daily production volumes were 584,000 barrels of oil equivalent (BOE) for the first quarter of 2017
* Q1 net sales $2,957 million versus $2,123 million
* Chemical pre-tax income for the first quarter of 2017 was $170 million
* Q1 reported sales volume 583 mboe/d versus 651 mboe/d
* Lower costs, improved crude oil prices and increase in caustic soda prices, sales volumes resulted in increase to qtrly income on a sequential basis
* Q1 earnings per share view $0.07, revenue view $2.90 billion -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
SAO PAULO, June 23 Brazil's agriculture minister prepared to travel to the United States on Friday to fight a ban on imports of fresh Brazilian beef, which hit shares of local meatpackers and revived concerns about the image of the world's largest beef exporter.
* U.S. FDA approves Bevyxxa® (Betrixaban) first and only anticoagulant for hospital and extended duration prevention of Venous Thromboembolism (VTE) in acutely ill medical patients