May 10 PPG Industries Inc
* Ppg issues statement
* Ppg industries inc - PPG has reviewed AkzoNobel's May 8, 2017 response to PPG's revised proposal of april 24, 2017
* PPG Industries Inc - continues to believe that co's proposal "vastly superior in shareholder value creation compared to akzonobel's new standalone plan"
* PPG Industries Inc - ppg remains willing to meet with akzonobel to engage in "meaningful" discussions
* PPG Industries Inc - without productive engagement from akzonobel, ppg will assess and decide whether or not to pursue an offer for AkzoNobel
* PPG Industries chairman and ceo says AkzoNobel"has provided no transparency in concluding its standalone plan is superior to PPG's proposal" Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
UPDATE 4-North Korea tests rocket engine, possibly for ICBM - U.S. officials
* S.Korea's Moon says engagement must be backed by strong defense
GLOBAL MARKETS-Tentative oil price recovery lifts energy stocks
LONDON, June 23 World stocks were poised to eke out slim gains for the week on Friday as a tentative recovery in oil prices spurred investors to hunt for bargains in the beaten-down energy sector and helped commodity-related currencies gain against the dollar.