April 20 PPG Industries Inc
* PPG reports first quarter 2017 financial results
* Q1 earnings per share $1.29 from continuing operations
* Q1 earnings per share view $1.32 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Q1 earnings per share $1.29
* Reiterated commitment to deploy at least $2.5 billion-$3.5 billion cash on acquisitions and share repurchases in years 2017 and 2018 combined
* Q1 2017 net sales of about $3.6 billion, up 1 percent versus prior year
* Remain willing to engage with Akzonobel, continue to believe a combination of 2 cos is in best interest of both companies' stakeholders
* Unfavorable foreign currency translation impacted net sales by nearly 2 percent, or about $65 million in quarter
* Q1 2017 adjusted net income from continuing operations was $1.35 per diluted share Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Itaú's Setubal sees high growth at Brazil's XP
SAO PAULO, June 24 The price that Itaú Unibanco Holding SA paid for a minority stake in Brazilian independent securities firm XP Investimentos SA embeds "very high growth rates" ahead, co-Chairman Roberto Setubal said on Saturday.
UPDATE 1-Arconic knowingly supplied flammable panels for use in tower -emails
LONDON, June 24 Six emails sent by and to an Arconic Inc sales manager raise questions about why the company supplied combustible cladding to a distributor for use at Grenfell Tower, despite publicly warning such panels were a fire risk for tall buildings.