April 17 E. W. Scripps Co:
* Scripps launches proposed private placement of senior notes
* E. W. Scripps co says has launched an offering of $400 million of new senior unsecured notes
* E. W. Scripps co - notes are expected to mature in 2025 and will be guaranteed by certain of company's existing and future subsidiaries
* E. W. Scripps co says proceeds from offering will be used to repay existing $391 million term loan b due in 2020, to pay related fees and expenses
* E. W. Scripps - is seeking to amend and restate existing $100 million senior secured revolving credit facility to increase borrowing capacity to $125 million
* E. W. Scripps co-in conjunction with notes issuance, co is seeking to extend maturity of existing senior secured revolving credit facility to 2022
* E. W. Scripps co - company expects first-quarter 2017 operating results to be consistent with its prior expectations
* E. W. Scripps co - expects first-quarter 2017 operating results to be consistent with its prior expectations
* E. W. Scripps- q1 television revenue expected to be flat, radio revenue expected to decrease in mid-single-digit range, digital revenue to increase in mid-20 percent range
* E. W. Scripps co-expects television revenue to be flat,radio revenue to decrease mid-single-digit range,digital revenue to increase mid-20 percent range versus q1 2016 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Sears Canada to end pension payments-court filing
NEW YORK, June 22 Sears Canada Inc plans to file a motion with a Canadian court to request permission to suspend certain monthly payments to its pension plan because it is running low on cash, according to a court filing.
UPDATE 2-Venezuela in talks with Nomura to sell fixed-income securities -sources
CARACAS, June 22 Venezuela's central bank is seeking to sell fixed-income securities to Nomura Holdings Inc as a way of raising cash amid an economic crisis, an opposition deputy and a finance industry source said on Thursday, only weeks after a similar deal embroiled the Japanese bank in controversy.