June 1 (Reuters) - Sears Holdings Corp
* Sears holdings recently aware of security incident involving unauthorized credit card activity following certain customer purchases at some kmart stores - spokesman
* Sears holdings immediately launched thorough investigation,engaged leading third party forensic experts to review systems and secure affected part of network - spokesman
* Kmart store payment data systems were infected with a form of malicious code that was undetectable by current anti-virus systems,application controls - sears holdings spokesman
* Sears holdings - "once aware of the new malicious code, we quickly removed it and contained the event"
* Sears holdings - based on the forensic investigation of security incident, no personal identifying information was obtained by those criminally responsible Further company coverage: