BRIEF-Sears Holdings recently aware of security incident involving unauthorized credit card activity at some Kmart stores - Spokesman
June 1 Sears Holdings Corp
* Sears holdings recently aware of security incident involving unauthorized credit card activity following certain customer purchases at some kmart stores - spokesman
* Sears holdings immediately launched thorough investigation,engaged leading third party forensic experts to review systems and secure affected part of network - spokesman
* Kmart store payment data systems were infected with a form of malicious code that was undetectable by current anti-virus systems,application controls - sears holdings spokesman
* Sears holdings - "once aware of the new malicious code, we quickly removed it and contained the event"
* Sears holdings - based on the forensic investigation of security incident, no personal identifying information was obtained by those criminally responsible Further company coverage:
WORLD NEWS SCHEDULE AT 1800 GMT/2 PM ET
Iraqi forces free hundreds of civilians in Mosul Old City battles as death toll mounts
CEO of Raytheon's Forcepoint eyes IPO -Boersen-Zeitung
FRANKFURT, June 24 U.S. missile maker Raytheon's cybersecurity unit could thrive were it to be listed separately, the head of the unit, Forcepoint, told German business daily Boersenzeitung in an interview published on Saturday.