UPDATE 1-AIG CEO may reduce buybacks, focus on acquisitions
June 28 American International Group Inc CEO Brian Duperreault said on Wednesday the company would likely slow the pace of share buybacks and instead spend on acquisitions.
April 26 Silgan Holdings Inc
* Silgan announces first quarter earnings and increases full year estimate on recent acquisition
* Q1 adjusted earnings per share $0.62
* Q1 earnings per share $0.42
* Q1 sales $805.4 million versus I/B/E/S view $800.8 million
* Q1 earnings per share view $0.54 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Raises FY 2017 adjusted earnings per share view to $3.20 to $3.40
* Issued new U.S. dollar and Euro senior notes due 2025
* Silgan Holdings Inc - company is providing an estimate of adjusted net income per diluted share for Q2 of 2017, in range of $0.65 to $0.75
* Silgan Holdings Inc - company is providing an estimate of adjusted net income per diluted share for Q2 of 2017 in range of $0.65 to $0.75
* Q2 earnings per share view $0.78 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* FY2017 earnings per share view $3.45 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
June 28 Shaw Communications Inc on Wednesday reported strong quarterly subscriber gains at its revamped cable business and notched wireless profit growth even as it spent heavily to build up both businesses.
WASHINGTON, June 28 U.S. securities regulators on Wednesday filed civil accounting fraud charges against Canada-based oil and gas company Penn West Petroleum Ltd and several of its former top finance executives.