April 19 Torchmark Corp-
* Torchmark Corporation reports first quarter 2017 results
* Q1 operating earnings per share $1.15 from continuing operations
* Sees FY 2017 operating earnings per share $4.63 to $4.77 from continuing operations
* Q1 earnings per share $1.11
* Q1 earnings per share view $1.14 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Qtrly revenue $1,024 million versus $978 million Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
GLOBAL MARKETS-Asia stocks edge up on optimism over global growth, dollar soft
TOKYO, June 26 Asian shares edged up on Monday on optimism about global growth, while the dollar was on the defensive as a subdued U.S. inflation outlook capped U.S. bond yields and raised questions about the Federal Reserve's plans to tighten policy.
Nikkei edges up as dollar-yen steady; Takata files for bankruptcy protection
TOKYO, June 26 Japan's Nikkei share average ticked up on Monday morning as the dollar-yen held steady, while investors' attention fell squarely on Takata Corp after it filed for bankruptcy protection.