March 27 Viacom Inc
* Press release - viacom names jim gianopulos chairman and chief executive officer of paramount pictures
* Gianopulos will report directly to bob bakish, president and chief executive officer of viacom
* In his role as Chairman and CEO of Paramount, Gianopulos will oversee studio's film and television operations worldwide
* Says previously, Gianopulos served as president of 20th Century Fox International
* Gianopulos also will be charged with setting a new strategy for Paramount Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
PRESS DIGEST- British Business - June 28
June 28 The following are the top stories on the business pages of British newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
UPDATE 1-Pan American Energy to invest $1.2 bln in Argentina in 2017
BUENOS AIRES, June 27 Argentina-based Pan American Energy, a unit of BP Plc, will invest some $1.2 billion in the South American country this year, a company spokesman said on Tuesday, down from the $1.4 billion that the company had announced for 2016.