UPDATE 1-AIG CEO may reduce buybacks, focus on acquisitions
June 28 American International Group Inc CEO Brian Duperreault said on Wednesday the company would likely slow the pace of share buybacks and instead spend on acquisitions.
May 10 Vitamin Shoppe Inc
* Vitamin shoppe, inc. Announces first quarter 2017 results
* Q1 earnings per share $0.35
* Q1 sales $316.9 million versus i/b/e/s view $325.9 million
* Q1 earnings per share view $0.57 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Sees q2 adjusted earnings per share $0.32 to $0.42 excluding items
* Sees fy 2017 adjusted earnings per share $1.50 to $1.75 excluding items
* Sees fy 2017 gaap earnings per share $1.03 to $1.28
* Q1 adjusted earnings per share $0.37
* Vitamin shoppe inc - "overall performance in quarter was disappointing due to lower comparable sales and ongoing challenges at nutri-force"
* Vitamin shoppe inc - sees 2017 total comparable sales growth rate of negative low to mid single digit
* Vitamin shoppe inc - sees 2017 capital expenditures of approximately $45 million
* Vitamin shoppe inc qtrly total comparable sales down 6.3%, includes approximate 2.5% negative impact from a change in loyalty program
* Vitamin shoppe inc - for 2q17, company expects gaap a fully diluted earnings per share loss of $0.07 to positive earnings per share of $0.03
* Q2 earnings per share view $0.52, revenue view $327.9 million -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Fy2017 earnings per share view $2.04, revenue view $1.26 billion -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
June 28 Shaw Communications Inc on Wednesday reported strong quarterly subscriber gains at its revamped cable business and notched wireless profit growth even as it spent heavily to build up both businesses.
WASHINGTON, June 28 U.S. securities regulators on Wednesday filed civil accounting fraud charges against Canada-based oil and gas company Penn West Petroleum Ltd and several of its former top finance executives.