May 4 Wi-Lan Inc:
* Wi-Lan reports 2017 first quarter financial results
* Q1 gaap loss per share $0.06
* Wi-Lan says announced that will change name to quarterhill inc and announced two corporate acquisitions, all of which expected to conclude in q2
* Wi-Lan - in 3-month period ended march 31, 2017, had negative ebitda $1.9 million,$0.02/ basic earnings per share, versus positive ebitda $19.8 million or $0.16 per basic share
* Wi-lan-"we expect an increase in litigation expenses in fiscal 2017 due to expected level of litigation activities and corresponding fee arrangements"
* Wi-Lan says operating expense guidance, previously provided for exclusively patent licensing business, will no longer be provided for fy 2017
* Q1 revenue $7.6 million versus $30.2 million Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
UPDATE 4-North Korea tests rocket engine, possibly for ICBM - U.S. officials
* S.Korea's Moon says engagement must be backed by strong defense
GLOBAL MARKETS-Tentative oil price recovery lifts energy stocks
LONDON, June 23 World stocks were poised to eke out slim gains for the week on Friday as a tentative recovery in oil prices spurred investors to hunt for bargains in the beaten-down energy sector and helped commodity-related currencies gain against the dollar.