April 24 Zions Bancorp:
* Zions Bancorporation reports first quarter financial results
* Q1 earnings per share $0.61
* Q1 earnings per share view $0.53 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Zions Bancorp - net interest income increased to $489 million in the first quarter of 2017 from $480 million in the fourth quarter of 2016.
* Zions Bancorp - tangible book value per common share increased to $29.61 at March 31, 2017, compared with $29.06 at December 31, 2016
* Zions Bancorp - net interest margin increased slightly to 3.38pct in the first quarter of 2017, compared with 3.37pct in the fourth quarter of 2016
* Zions Bancorp - the estimated basel III common equity tier 1 capital ratio was 12.2pct at March 31, 2017 compared with 12.1pct at December 31, 2016 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Wal-Mart faces lawsuit over Illinois Uber slaying
CHICAGO, June 26 The family of an Illinois Uber driver who was stabbed to death filed a wrongful death lawsuit on Monday against Wal-Mart Stores Inc for failing to stop the teen suspect in the incident from stealing a machete and knife from one of its stores.
Chicago schools to pay hefty 6.41 pct rate on second note tranche
CHICAGO, June 26 The Chicago Public Schools finalized the second and last part of a short-term loan, placing $112 million of notes with J.P. Morgan at a huge initial interest rate of 6.41 percent, the cash-strapped district reported on Monday.