Nov 24 The following are the top stories in the
Financial Times. Reuters has not verified these stories and does
not vouch for their accuracy.
* U.S. Fed moves closer to raising interest rates. on.ft.com/2gni98G
* Barclays executive dismissed after SFO interview, tribunal
* New Rio chief pledges to dig deeper for $5 bln boost. on.ft.com/2gnnih2
* U.S. Federal Reserve policymakers appeared confident that
the economy was strengthening enough to warrant interest rate
increases soon, minutes from the Fed's Nov. 1-2 meeting showed.
* Richard Boath, a former top Barclays executive
questioned by the Serious Fraud Office in a criminal
investigation over the bank's fundraising from Gulf investors,
will argue in an unfair dismissal hearing against the bank, his
lawyers told a London tribunal hearing on Wednesday.
* Rio Tinto's, new chief executive,
Jean-Sébastien Jacques, outlined plans to boost free cash flow
by $5 billion over the next five years, in an investor briefing
(Compiled by Parikshit Mishra in Bengaluru; Editing by Richard