March 14 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 4.7
points on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* BHP BILLITON: BHP Billiton on Monday invited striking workers at
its Escondida copper mine in Chile, the world's largest, to return to the
negotiating table, after they rejected a similar approach on
* AMEC FOSTER WHEELER-JOHN WOOD: Oil services company Wood Group has
agreed to buy rival Amec Foster Wheeler for 2.2 billion pounds ($2.7
billion), seeking rewards from the fast-growing U.S. shale energy
* MISYS : U.S. investment firm Vista Equity Partners said on Monday it would
buy Canada's DH Corp in a deal valued at C$4.8 billion ($3.6 billion),
highlighting the growing interest in companies specializing in financial
technology. Vista will combine DH with one of its portfolio companies, UK-based
financial software firm Misys (IPO-MISY.L), which scrapped a planned London
listing last year.
* IPO: Iran's top cargo shipping company has held meetings in London to
discuss a possible listing on the London Stock Exchange, but has so far been
thwarted by U.S. sanctions that still scare banks off Iranian business, four
Iranian and two Western sources said.
* BANK OF ENGLAND: Bank of England's incoming deputy governor Charlotte
Hoggs's future is in the balance with the treasury committee set to release a
report about her suitability for the post, the Financial Times reported. on.ft.com/2mT64xA
* OIL: Crude oil prices hovered near three-month lows on Tuesday in Asian
trading, with investors waiting for key reports and data that may shed light on
a supply overhang in the global market.
* BREXIT: Prime Minister Theresa May has won the right to launch divorce
proceedings with the European Union and begin two years of talks that will shape
the future of Britain and Europe.
* The UK blue chip FTSE 100 index ended up 0.3 percent at 7,367.08
points on Monday, as mining stocks rallied, with deal-making helping the mid cap
index to a record high.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Kalibrate Technologies KLBT.L Half Year 2017
Crossrider PLC CROSC.L Full Year 2016
Close Brothers Group CBRO.L Half Year 2017
SIG PLC SHI.L Full Year 2016
French Connection Group FCCN.L Full Year 2016
Gresham Technologies GHT.L Full Year 2016
TP ICAP PLC TCAPI.L Full Year 2016
Antofagasta PLC ANTO.L Full Year 2016
Prudential PLC PRU.L Full Year 2016
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : topnews.reuters.com
(Reporting by Siju Varghese; Editing by Sunil Nair)