March 22 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 42
points lower on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* VODAFONE: New Zealand pay television provider Sky Network TV on
Wednesday filed an appeal against the Commerce Commission's decision to bar its
purchase of Vodafone's local unit.
* ACACIA MINING: Canadian gold miner Endeavour Mining Corp said on
Tuesday it had ended discussions with London-based Acacia Mining Plc
regarding a potential merger.
* SHOE ZONE: Shoe Zone is among the final bidders for rival
footwear chain Brantano, Sky News reported on Tuesday.
* BHP BILLITON: The striking union at BHP Billiton's Escondida
copper mine in Chile, the world's largest, will meet with the company on
Wednesday to resume conversations, both parties said on Tuesday
* BRITAIN AIRLINES: The United States and Britain on Tuesday imposed
restrictions on carry-on electronic devices on planes coming from certain
airports in Muslim-majority countries in the Middle East and North Africa in
response to unspecified security threats.
* BRITAIN BANKS: Britain said on Tuesday that its authorities would
investigate newspaper allegations that UK-based banks had been used in a global
money laundering scheme.
* BREXIT: Banks in London that relocate operations to the euro zone after
Brexit are likely to be spared a lengthy entry test by regulators, making it
easier for them to shift, according to two officials with knowledge of the
* BREXIT: Failing to reach a comprehensive free trade deal with the European
Union risks significant damage to Britain's trade in non-financial services, a
committee of members of the upper house of parliament said in a report published
* OIL: Oil prices dipped on Wednesday as rising crude stocks in the United
States underscored an ongoing global fuel supply overhang despite an OPEC-led
effort to cut output.
* The UK blue chip FTSE 100 index closed 0.7 percent lower at
7,378.34 points on Tuesday, as sterling strengthened after British inflation
shot past the central bank's target for the first time in three
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Softcat PLC Half Year 2017
Savills PLC Preliminary 2016
Kingfisher PLC Full Year 2016
Ferrexpo PLC Preliminary 2016
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : topnews.reuters.com
(Reporting by Siju Varghese; Editing by Amrutha Gayathri)