(Adds company news items, futures)
April 11 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 9.5
points lower on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures
down 0.2 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* VEDANTA: Diversified miner Vedanta Resources Plc said on Tuesday
refined zinc production at its India unit rose nearly 40 percent in the fourth
quarter, boosted by higher output at a mine in the state of Rajasthan in
* BHP: Any significant changes to the corporate structure of
Anglo-Australian miner BHP Billiton, would need to be
consistent with a "national interest" test under the law, the Australian
government said on Tuesday.
* BHP: Elliott Management Corp's activist campaign to shake up
Anglo-Australian mining group BHP Billiton, relies on tested
U.S. shareholder activism strategies to deliver one of the hedge fund's biggest
ever bets on a company.
* BRITAIN RETAIL: Shoppers in Britain clamped down on their spending in
early 2017 as retail sales rose at the slowest pace since the depths of the
global financial crisis nearly a decade ago, a retail industry group said on
* TESCO: A court approved a deal on Monday between Britain's biggest
retailer Tesco plc and the country's Serious Fraud Office (SFO) to
settle a probe over a 2014 accounting scandal.
* BARCLAYS: The United States Department of Justice is probing Barclays over
whistleblower scandal, New York Times reported on Monday. nyp.st/2okrowc.
* JAEGER: Fashion retailer Jaeger, known for its classic British clothing
ranges, has gone into administration, the administrators said in a statement,
putting nearly 700 jobs at risk.
* BRITAIN ELECTRIC CARS: Britain awarded millions of pounds on Tuesday to
help boost manufacturing of electric vehicle batteries, including a project to
build the country's second purpose-built electric battery plant and another to
make the technology more powerful.
* BRITAIN WHEAT: Britain's wheat exports rose slightly in February but were
still running behind last season's pace, customs data showed on
* The UK blue chip index ended the day flat on Monday with retailers the top
gainers, and mid and small-caps rose to new record highs on strength in
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : topnews.reuters.com
(Reporting by Rahul B in Bengaluru; Editing by Sunil Nair)