(Adds futures, company news items)
June 7 Britain's FTSE 100 futures 0.01 percent lower
ahead of the cash market open.
* ANGLO AMERICAN: Anglo American said on Wednesday that Stuart
Chambers would become its next chairman.
* EASYJET: British budget airline easyJet said on Tuesday it would
close its Hamburg base next summer, as part of a strategy to focus on its core
* RPC: British packaging company RPC Group Plc reported a 67
percent rise in its full-year revenue, helped partly by acquisitions, and said
it had started the financial year in line with management's
* CHESNARA: UK insurer Chesnara said on Tuesday it could move its
headquarters to the Netherlands or Sweden if required, depending on the
regulatory situation after Britain leaves the European Union.
* ICAG: British Airways cancelled nearly 60 percent of its flights on May 27
when an IT outage knocked out the airline's systems and stranded 75,000 people
over a holiday weekend.
* RIO: Rio Tinto Ltd on Wednesday detailed pricing for a $781
million cash tender as part of its already announced $2.5 billion bond buyback
to reduce its debt.
* SHELL/NORWAY: About 150 oil platform workers would go on strike,
potentially disrupting output from several Norwegian fields, if they fail to get
a pay deal by midnight on Friday, their union said on Tuesday.
* The UK blue chip index closed flat in percentage terms at 7,524.95 points
on Tuesday , while the more domestically-exposed mid cap index dropped
more than 1 percent, as investors sought safety in precious metals miners and
defensives ahead of Thursday's general election, while British mid caps dropped
close to a three-week low.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : topnews.reuters.com
(Reporting by Rahul B in Bengaluru; Editing by Sunil Nair)