BRIEF-Bioanalytical systems inc says entered into credit agreement with First Internet Bank Of Indiana - SEC filing
* Bioanalytical Systems Inc - entered into a credit agreement with first internet bank of indiana - sec filing
(Updates prices) By Bruno Federowski SAO PAULO, June 1 Yields paid on Brazilian interest rate futures rose on Thursday after the central bank said it was ready to slow the pace of rate cuts amid a growing political crisis. Corruption allegations against President Michel Temer which could cost him his mandate have threatened to derail his agenda of structural reforms, which fueled bets on a rapid rate of policy easing. In a statement announcing a widely expected 100 basis-point cut in the benchmark Selic rate after the market close on Wednesday, the bank said a "moderate reduction" in the pace of rate cuts would likely be appropriate at its July meeting. Rate-future prices indicated a 20 percent chance of a lower 75 basis-point cut next month, traders said, with an 80 percent probability of a 100 basis-point reduction. Before the statement, investors had speculated the bank could even accelerate rate cuts in July to a brisk 125 basis-point pace. The Brazilian real and the Mexican peso both weakened, hurt by growing expectations of a U.S. rate hike this month following stronger-than-expected jobs data. Higher U.S. rates could dampen the appeal of high-yielding emerging market assets, weighing on the value of their currencies. A Reuters poll showed on Thursday that the Brazilian currency is likely to weaken only slightly over the next year despite a deepening political crisis, a sign of sustained market confidence in the country as it finally emerges from its worst-ever recession. Latin America's No. 1 economy expanded in the first quarter at the fastest rate since 2013, matching analyst expectations. Key Latin American stock indexes and currencies at 2123 GMT: Stock indexes Latest Daily YTD pct pct change change MSCI Emerging Markets 1,008.47 0.31 16.59 MSCI LatAm 2,533.35 0.04 8.19 Brazil Bovespa 62,297.45 -0.66 3.44 Mexico IPC 49,101.63 0.64 7.58 Chile IPSA 4,887.70 0.66 17.74 Chile IGPA 24,504.72 0.62 18.19 Argentina MerVal 22,508.35 0.71 33.04 Colombia IGBC 10,681.54 0.03 5.46 Venezuela IBC 76,130.90 1.13 140.12 Currencies Latest Daily YTD pct pct change change Brazil real 3.2460 -0.32 0.10 Mexico peso 18.6390 -0.15 11.29 Chile peso 672.05 0.12 -0.20 Colombia peso 2,891.85 0.84 3.79 Peru sol 3.273 -0.09 4.31 Argentina peso (interbank) 16.0500 0.34 -1.09 Argentina peso (parallel) 16.25 0.86 3.51 (Editing by Jonathan Oatis and Diane Craft)
BASEL, June 27 Switzerland's Syngenta, the crop protection company acquired by ChemChina, has vowed to bulk up its seeds business and join the chase for assets rival Bayer must sell to gain regulatory approval for its takeover of Monsanto.
* Market sceptical of Fed's hawkish message * Yellen, Harker due to speak in London on Tuesday * Platinum recovers from six-week lows reached on Monday (Recasts, updates prices, adds details) By Maytaal Angel LONDON, June 27 Gold rose on Tuesday after hitting a six-week low in the previous session as bargain hunting set in and the dollar slid sharply before speeches by U.S. Federal Reserve officials. Fed officials have signalled that they plan to continue on