MELBOURNE, March 23 (Reuters) - London copper was steady on Thursday, holding above two-week lows hit the previous session as broader investor sentiment revived, while disruptions piled up in the zinc market.
* LME COPPER: London Metal Exchange copper edged up 0.1 percent to $5,818 a tonne at 0154 GMT, adding to a 0.6 percent gain from the previous session when prices plumbed their lowest since March 10 at $5,715 a tonne.
* SHANGHAI COPPER: Shanghai Futures Exchange copper rose 0.6 percent to 47,150 yuan ($6,844) a tonne.
* LME ZINC traded down 0.1 percent at $2,854 a tonne, while LME lead fell 0.4 percent, having rallied more than 4 percent on Wednesday following a large draw in LME stocks.
* PERU: A railway used by copper, zinc and silver mines to transport their concentrates from Peru’s central Andes to port is likely be out of action for at least two to three weeks following “important” damage from floods and mudslides, the transportation minister said on Wednesday.
* PERU: Brazilian group Votorantim has halted operations at its zinc smelter Cajamarquilla in Peru as a precaution amid flooding and mudslides that have disrupted transportation and restricted running water in the Andean country.
* PERU: Peruvian zinc, copper and lead miner Milpo, controlled by Brazilian group Votorantim, declared force majeure on Wednesday after roads to its mines El Porvenir and Atacocha in the Andes were blocked by the deadly downpours.
* ZINC STRIKE: A 3-1/2-week strike at Noranda Income Fund’s zinc processing facility in Quebec is showing no signs of ending, union officials said on Wednesday, with no talks set between workers and management.
* For the top stories in metals and other news, click or
* Asian stocks rose on Thursday, taking their cues from a Wall Street bounce, while the dollar crawled up from a four-month low but remains clouded by concerns about U.S. President Donald Trump’s pro-growth policies.
0700 Germany GfK consumer sentiment Apr
0745 France Business climate Mar
0930 Britain Retail sales Feb
1200 Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen gives opening
remarks at event
1230 U.S. Weekly jobless claims
1400 U.S. New home sales Feb
1500 Euro zone Consumer confidence Feb
Three month LME copper
Most active ShFE copper
Three month LME aluminium
Most active ShFE aluminium
Three month LME zinc
Most active ShFE zinc
Three month LME lead
Most active ShFE lead
Three month LME nickel
Most active ShFE nickel
Three month LME tin
Most active ShFE tin
ARBS ($1 = 6.8888 Chinese yuan renminbi)
Reporting by Melanie Burton; Editing by Richard Pullin