BRIEF-Canexus says special committee to evaluate and respond to Chemtrade's hostile takeover bid
Oct 6 (Reuters) -
* Canexus Corp - Canexus appoints David Collyer as board chair, special committee to evaluate and respond to Chemtrade's hostile takeover bid
* Canexus Corp - Canexus board is evaluating Chemtrade's hostile takeover bid and will issue a directors' circular on or before October 19, 2016
* Canexus Corp - Special committee of independent directors will oversee corporation's response to hostile takeover bid launched by Chemtrade Logistics Income Fund
* Canexus Corp - Says David Collyer appointed chairman of the board
* Canexus Corp - Canexus has retained CIBC Capital Markets and Valence Group as financial advisors Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
AT&T reaches deal to buy Time Warner for more than $80 billion -WSJ
Oct 22 AT&T Inc reached a deal to buy media company Time Warner Inc for more than $80 billion, The Wall Street Journal reported on Saturday.
Trump vows to weaken U.S. media 'power structure' if elected
GETTSYBURG, Pa. , Oct 22 U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump promised on Saturday to foil a proposed deal for AT&T Inc to buy Time Warner Inc if he wins the Nov. 8 election, arguing it was an example of a "power structure" rigged against both him and voters.