BRIEF-PICO Holdings board announces management changes; Concludes Synthonics investigation
Oct 12 PICO Holdings Inc
* PICO Holdings board of directors announces management changes and concludes Synthonics investigation
* PICO Holdings Inc says has terminated John R. Hart as CEO of company, and as CEO of Vidler Water Company, effective immediately
* PICO Holdings - In connection with termination, Hart will receive severance benefits in accordance with amended and restated employment agreement
* Hart currently remains a director of both PICO and UCP Inc
* Board appointed Maxim C. W. Webb, chief financial as PICO's new chief executive officer, effective immediately
* PICO Holdings - Independent directors are currently evaluating a range of options with respect to removal of Hart from director roles as soon as possible
* PICO Holdings -Independent members have completed their review of PICO's investment in and loan to Synthonics Inc and related public disclosures
* PICO - Board concluded prior to initial investment in 2010 audit committee received all information regarding Ken Slepicka's, Hart's interest in Synthonics Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
AT&T reaches deal to buy Time Warner for more than $80 billion -WSJ
Oct 22 AT&T Inc reached a deal to buy media company Time Warner Inc for more than $80 billion, The Wall Street Journal reported on Saturday.
Trump vows to weaken U.S. media 'power structure' if elected
GETTSYBURG, Pa. , Oct 22 U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump promised on Saturday to foil a proposed deal for AT&T Inc to buy Time Warner Inc if he wins the Nov. 8 election, arguing it was an example of a "power structure" rigged against both him and voters.