European shares end flat after choppy day, Amec sinks 20 pct
MILAN/LONODN, Oct 27 European shares steadied at the close on Thursday, with stronger pharmaceutical and banking stocks offsetting a slump in companies like Amec Foster and Berendsen.
Oct 18 Abbott Laboratories -
* St. Jude Medical and Abbott to sell portion of vascular closure and electrophysiology businesses to Terumo Corporation
* Deal for purchase price of approximately $1.12 billion
* Abbott, St. Jude Medical and Terumo are bound by terms of an exclusivity agreement
* Divestiture is an all-cash transaction
* Abbott expects to mitigate any impact to its adjusted earnings per share projections related to sale of these assets to Terumo
* Abbott to retain vascular closure products
* Transaction is subject to successful completion of Abbott's acquisition of St. Jude Medical and antitrust regulatory approvals Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
WASHINGTON, Oct 27 The U.S. Federal Communications Commission on Thursday voted 3-2 to adopt new privacy rules that will subject broadband internet service providers to more stringent requirements than websites like Facebook Inc, Twitter Inc or Alphabet Inc's Google.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia, Oct 27 Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday Russia was ready to resume gas supplies to Ukraine at "any second" if Kiev agreed to pre-pay for supplies.