Oct 19 (Reuters) - National Security Group Inc
* Releases estimates of fourth quarter losses from hurricane matthew
* Says current estimate of gross losses incurred from Hurricane Matthew is in range of $3.5 million to $4.5 million
* Says to date have received over 1,200 claims as a result of Hurricane Matthew
* "We maintain catastrophe reinsurance that covers losses from a single event in excess of our $4 million retention"
* Says net of tax, current estimated ultimate losses from Matthew will reduce Q4, FY net income within range of $2.3 million to $2.6 million Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: