Oct 3 SVG Capital Plc :
* Statement regarding press comment
* Board confirms that it is in detailed discussions with consortium of Goldman Sachs and Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) in relation to a possible alternative transaction
* Speculation around identity of a unit of Goldman Sachs and Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board as consortium members linked to a possible alternative transaction for co
* Also understands that a third party referred to in announcement of Sept. 16 may be interested in considering an offer for co
* Board urges shareholders to take no action with respect to offer Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom)
UPDATE 1-Morrison raises Marmite price by 12 pct after "Marmitegate"
LONDON, Oct 28 British supermarket chain Morrison has raised the price of Marmite yeast spread by 12 percent, passing on to consumers an increase sought by its maker Unilever that led to a row with retailer Tesco this month dubbed "Marmitegate".
UPDATE 2-Royal Caribbean says confident of doubling profit; shares soar
* Shares up about 10 pct, set for best day since 2011 (Adds CEO comments from analyst call, background, updates shares)