German stocks - Factors to watch on January 18
The DAX top-30 index looked set to open 0.4 percent higher on Wednesday, according to premarket data from brokerage Lang & Schwarz at 0736 GMT.
Sept 29 X5 Retail Group NV says:
* Announces the signing of a cooperation agreement between X5's Pyaterochka and mobile phone operator Vimpelcom (Beeline brand).
* The first stage entails the opening of 950 Beeline branded outlets and points of sale in Pyaterochka stores this year.
* By the end of 2017, the total number of Beeline outlets and points of sale in Pyaterochka stores is due to exceed 1,600.
* The partnership will boost traffic and conversion thanks to the additional services offered to customers.
* The Pyaterochka agreement will provide Beeline with new opportunities to scale up its business as the national food retailer continues its rapid expansion with new stores. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting by Moscow Newsroom)
FRANKFURT, Jan 18 German media group Bertelsmann may raise its stake in book publisher Penguin Random House, its joint venture with Britain's Pearson, it said on Wednesday after Pearson said it intended to issue an exit note.
LONDON, Jan 18 Britain's competition watchdog said on Wednesday that Mastercard's proposals might be acceptable in addressing its concerns over the acquisition of payments processing company Vocalink.