Mother of Uber CEO killed in boating accident -newspaper
May 27 The mother of ride-hailing firm Uber's chief executive has died in a boating accident near Fresno, California on Friday, the Fresno Bee reported on Saturday.
Sept 29 National Amusements Inc:
* National Amusements, Inc. proposes combination of CBS and Viacom
* National Amusements, Inc - believe that a combination of CBS and Viacom might offer "substantial synergies"
* National Amusements - tentative view is that "optimal structure" would be all-stock deal in which stockholders of each co would get shares in combined co
* National Amusements - none of Sumner Redstone, Shari Redstone or David Andelman will vote on board consideration potential CBS-Viacom merger
* National Amusements - believe any potential CBS-Viacom deal should be result of fair deliberation; any deal would proceed only if approved by each board
* National Amusements is not willing to accept or support any acquisition by a third party of either company
* National Amusements - not willing to accept any deal that would result in National Amusements surrendering controlling position in either CBS or Viacom Source text for Eikon: ;))
* BA latest to be hit by computer problems (Adds comment by BA's chief executive)
May 27 General Motors Co said on Saturday that proxy advisory firm Institutional Shareholder Services has recommended that shareholders vote against a slate of directors proposed by hedge fund Greenlight Capital and reject the hedge fund's plan to divide GM shares into two classes.