Oct 7 (Reuters) - Heritage Insurance Holdings Inc:
* Heritage Insurance Holdings, Inc prepares for Hurricane Matthew and highlights strength of catastrophe reinsurance program
* "While only a preliminary estimate, based on what we see now, estimated losses could be approximately $500 million"
* "Estimated loss scenario appears more favorable than 24 hours ago based on Hurricane Matthew's most recent trajectory"
* 2016-2017 reinsurance program provides first event coverage up to $1.9 billion in Florida
* Preliminary estimate of losses "well within" company's $1.9 billion catastrophe reinsurance coverage tower
* "Projected losses could be substantially lower than estimated loss guidance of $500 million" Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: