BRIEF-Blackrock's Rieder says jobs report's data showed encouraging signs of labor market tightness
Oct 7 Blackrock's Rick Rieder :
* Think jobs report's details displayed encouraging signs of labor market tightness
* Think jobs report's details reinforced longstanding trends toward higher service-sector employment
* The uptick in labor force participation is even more impressive when judged alongside population aging
* In essence the tight labor markets do in fact appear to be drawing people back to work
* Nothing in Friday's jobs report data should derail the FED from a likely rate hike at its December policy meeting
* While job's data present a window to move policy rate at Nov meeting, we think FOMC will articulate policy view in Nov, but will not move that close to election
* The recent significant improvement in breakeven inflation levels in the market will be a continuing trend
* Think TIPS should be part of diversified fixed income portfolio going forward, as nominal interest rates can continue to trend moderately higher from here
AT&T reaches deal to buy Time Warner for more than $80 billion -WSJ
Oct 22 AT&T Inc reached a deal to buy media company Time Warner Inc for more than $80 billion, The Wall Street Journal reported on Saturday.
Trump vows to weaken U.S. media 'power structure' if elected
GETTSYBURG, Pa. , Oct 22 U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump promised on Saturday to foil a proposed deal for AT&T Inc to buy Time Warner Inc if he wins the Nov. 8 election, arguing it was an example of a "power structure" rigged against both him and voters.