BRIEF-Ligand says partner Lundbeck plans to make Carnexiv commercially available in U.S. in early 2017
Oct 7 Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc
* Partner Lundbeck receives FDA approval of Carnexiv(tm) (carbamazepine) injection as intravenous short-term replacement therapy for certain seizure types
* Ligand earns $1.25 million milestone payment to be recognized in Q4
* Says approval milestone had been anticipated for Q3 and now will be recognized in Q4
* Lundbeck plans to make Carnexiv commercially available in United States in early 2017
* Is also entitled to receive a royalty of 2.75% on net sales of Carnexiv Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Gunman in California UPS shooting targeted co-workers for slayings
June 23 The UPS employee who shot three coworkers to death last week inside a United Parcel Service facility in San Francisco before killing himself appears to have singled out his victims deliberately, but a motive remains unknown, police said on Friday.
CORRECTED-UPDATE 2-U.S. to seek to block DraftKings, FanDuel fantasy sports merger
WASHINGTON, June 19 The U.S. Federal Trade Commission said on Monday it will seek to stop the merger of DraftKings and FanDuel, because the combined company would control more than 90 percent of the U.S. market for paid daily fantasy sports contests.