BRIEF-Assurant says preliminary Q3 2016 consolidated net income in range of $127 mln - $157 mln
Oct 18 Assurant Inc
* Assurant Inc - announced preliminary q3 2016 consolidated net income in range of $127 million to $157 million
* Assurant Inc - sees FY 2016 net operating income to decline modestly from 2015
* Assurant Inc - in Q3 2015, there were no reportable catastrophe losses.
* Assurant Inc says preliminary Q3 2016 net operating income in range of $54 million to $66 million compared to $104 million in q3 2015
* Assurant Inc- Q3 2016 results declined year-over-year primarily due to $32 million to $34 million of after-tax reportable catastrophe losses
* Assurant Inc - sees 2016 assurant specialty property's net earned premiums and net operating income to decrease from 2015 levels
* Assurant-2016 overall results for assurant specialty property to reflect catastrophe losses including claims from hurricane matthew, a q4 catastrophe Source text (bit.ly/2ejl4Cs) Further company coverage:
One dead in ENI Congo oil platform fire
BRAZZAVILLE, Dec 3 One person was killed in a fire on an oil platform operated by ENI Congo off the coast of the Congo Republic city of Pointe-Noire, the government said.
Aixtron, Fujian to explore what is left of deal after U.S. veto
FRANKFURT, Dec 3 German semiconductor equipment maker Aixtron will explore with its Chinese suitor what can be salvaged of the planned takeover after a U.S. presidential order ruled the deal posed a national security risk, the company said on Saturday.