Nov 21 (Reuters) - Marathon Petroleum Corp :
* Elliott Management Corporation - sent a letter to board of marathon making recommendations that would "unlock $14 - $19 billion for shareholders"
* Elliott Management Corporation - manages funds that collectively beneficially own 4 pct of common stock and equivalents of marathon petroleum corporation
* Elliott Management Corporation - "believe marathon is severely undervalued"
* Elliott Management in letter to Marathon Petroleum - recommended "drop down" of all mlp-qualifying assets to mplx immediately
* Elliott Management in letter to marathon petroleum - recommended conducting a full strategic review to reassess marathon's current structure Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: