BRIEF-Siemens says R&D investments to rise to 5 bln eur in fiscal 2017
* Says investments in research and development to rise by 300 million to 5 billion eur in fiscal 2017
Nov 28 Gran Tierra Energy Inc
* Gran Tierra Energy announces two successful strategic acquisitions in the Ecopetrol 2016 bidding round in the Putumayo Basin
* Gran Tierra Energy intends to finance these acquisitions with cash on hand and available borrowings under its revolving credit facility
* Gran Tierra Energy submitted winning bids totaling a combined $30.4 million for two blocks which Ecopetrol S.A.
* Under terms of bid round, sale agreement relating to each block must be submitted to Ecopetrol by Dec 7, executed by Dec 22
* Gran Tierra Energy each assignment agreement would be subject to prior approval of Colombia's Agencia Nacional De Hidrocarburos Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Dec 7 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening between 31 and 35 points higher, or up as much as 0.52 percent on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.72 percent ahead of the cash market open.
BRUSSELS, Dec 7 Belgian chemicals group Solvay said on Wednesday it had agreed to sell its Acetow unit, which makes material used in cigarette filters, to private equity group Blackstone for 1 billion euros ($1.07 billion), including debt.