July 30 (Reuters) - Occidental Petroleum Corp
* CEO says 2016 capex budget will be lower than 2015 if oil prices stay at current levels
* Spent $1.5 billion on capex in Q2 2015
* CEO says capex 'will continue to decline throughout the year'
* CEO says expects to exit 2015 spending roughly $1 billion to $1.2 billion on quarterly capex
* CEO says: 'We are learning to do more with less'
* CEO says productivity should increase as year goes on
* CEO says thinks dividend will be 'fairly easy to maintain' if float decreases
* Says interested in selling holdings in Williston Basin of North Dakota Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting By Ernest Scheyder)