Oct 4 Darden Restaurants Inc :
* Expects FY 2017 earnings per share $3.87 to $3.97
* Darden Restaurants reports fiscal 2017 first quarter results; increases earnings outlook for the full fiscal year; and announces new share repurchase authorization
* Q1 sales $1.71 billion versus I/B/E/S view $1.72 billion
* Qtrly same-restaurant sales increased 1.3% for quarter
* Qtrly Olive Garden same-restaurant sales rose 2.0% percent
* Qtrly reported diluted net earnings per share from continuing operations increased 39.7% to $0.88
* Authorized a new share repurchase program under which company may repurchase up to $500 million of its outstanding common stock
* Reaffirms its outlook for same-restaurant sales of approximately 1.0% to 2.0% for FY 2017
* Q1 Olive Garden sales $961.2 million versus $944.6 million
* FY2017 earnings per share view $3.86 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
AT&T reaches deal to buy Time Warner for more than $80 billion -WSJ
Oct 22 AT&T Inc reached a deal to buy media company Time Warner Inc for more than $80 billion, The Wall Street Journal reported on Saturday.
Trump vows to weaken U.S. media 'power structure' if elected
GETTSYBURG, Pa. , Oct 22 U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump promised on Saturday to foil a proposed deal for AT&T Inc to buy Time Warner Inc if he wins the Nov. 8 election, arguing it was an example of a "power structure" rigged against both him and voters.